Maybe its a rant, maybe I have nothing better todo tonight. Any way who cares. Keith has entered the blogispher. Let me begin by saying this maybe the only post you ever see from me, and I doubt my wife will give a flying flip either way.
Ok so back to my rant. I recently purchased a printer from Best Buy, for home use because there has been to many times that my wife has asked me to print something off while I am at work.. Grrr. doesn't she know that I am in my work zone and this zone is strictly allotted time to think about how to make money to support this house hold. Now she wants me to print, ok done. back to work. So moving on. I thought setting this printer up would be a breeze, I gave one my wife one of the ( 5 minutes and it will be done babe) remarks and I was on my way. I tore open the packaging, and Styrofoam insulation, just something extra for the trash man to pick up. Finally I pull out the printer and instructions. Instructions in the garbage... who needs that. Fire up the printer and computer. Ready to roll..............
Like a bad skip on your favorite song, it just kills the mode.
Setting this thing up on my work Windows computer is so frustrating, I wanted to pull out my hair individually. One follicle at a time... Why you ask, oh because I have a great thing known as a firewall on my computer. Yay for me.
One other thing, when you open the computer there is just one cord in the box. One power cord, nothing to hook the printer to the computer. Guess what! That is another purchase.
So rolling along, after I figured out that the firewall has to be turned off. I figure that part out. I go to load my printer through wifi on to the windows device. Add new printer.. discover new printer through wifi.... Click on the printer that the computer found.
So when the computer pulls up the driver for the printer, not all drivers load. I have to click update to load all possible drivers for the printer, even ones that aren't Epson. Done with that. Now I start looking through the 300 or so printers that this computer thinks might work. The objective is the find the name for the driver, of the matching printer so windows will know what to do when i hit print. It went like this Epson, XP-400 series, XP-410 series, XP-500 series... Wait what?!?! I failed to mention in the beginning I purchased the Epson XP-420 series. So in short, Windows asked which printer are you trying to install, choose from these 300 printers. Oh, we're sorry the printer you want isn't found try again later.
That is not what I did, I took a while guess and loaded the drivers for Epson XP-400 series, hoping that it would encompass all the printers in that line. Some how by the miracle of technology and them tiny demands that live inside these computers, it worked.
Now granted, I still have to refind the printer every time I want to print something from the work computer. Also the windows computer thinks that this printer's name is Epson "man you suck" XP-400. (I renamed it that). But hey I got my printer to work. How about this, I wrote this blog quicker than I was able to load the printer on the work computer.
Which all brings me to my fancy subject line. I bought this Apple Macbook Air for my wife, because at the time she loved blogging and her crappy Windows computer was slowing her down. Since the expensive purchase she has written ZERO blogs and mostly we move the apple computer from counter top to table top and back again without really using it. Leaves me a little chapped. Therefore, I have decided that 2016 was going to be the year of organization, and clean up. Tonight (I declare) I am going to load the printer on the Apple computer. "I will take a sandwich to-go for dinner tonight babe, this could be a while..."
2 clicks... it took me two clicks to load the print through wifi, and set up as my home printer.
So I write this blog to relieve some frustration, kill time, get snarky remarks from my wife when I say, "Hey I am going to write a blog"
So when you see me again, don't ask why I am balding on one side of my head..
No comments:
Post a Comment